Sophomore Year

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I'm at a crossroads
Still trying to keep things intact
Two steps forward
Yet another step back
I was never one to falter
Or to surrender to the rise and fall
But in the end, courage gets the best of us all.

The Wheel of Life is a flat tire
Worn and burnt out
Daunting, without a doubt.

I'm at a crossroads
I'm stuck in the pedestrian lane
Waiting for the signal to change
But it never comes
It never comes.

Cars chase by
Traffic lights
Try to keep up
with the changing times
It's not enough to learn every trick in the book
A brake doesn't keep you from spinning down
A break won't keep me from wanting out

I'm at a crossroads
Do the answers lie at the finish line?
Will the questions cease from time to time?
Standing on the pavement
Waiting, waiting, waiting
... Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment