Five Minutes isn't enough to write a decent poem

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

If the past has won and the ballots few
When the cards are in and faces are new
On and off the wheel even when skies glow blue
When there's nothing else i can say or do
Between cobblestone streets and people we meet
When i can't keep my head up or keep still in my seat
If the present is determined by what has been
And the down, down, downs keep rolling in
Frustration grows and patience wears thin
Amidst the debate between obligation and sin
Between cobblestone streets and people we meet
When i can't keep my head up or keep still in my seat
When my future is set on crystal sand
And everything else is lifted up to the Creator's hands
When i only feel like i alone understand
And i'm on the precipice, dangling upon a delicate strand-- 
--of Destiny and time, and time and Fate
They say that good things come to those who wait

No comments:

Post a Comment