Book Review: Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

Friday, February 12, 2010

"... I'm reaching out and she's right there and right at that moment the amps amplify and the music takes on such a pulse that it becomes my heartbeat and her heartbeat and I know it and she knows it and this is the point where we could break apart and that would be it, totally it. But i look into her eyes and she looks into my eyes and we recognize it - the excitement of being here, the excitement of being now. And maybe i'm realising what a part of it she is and maybe she's realizing what a part of it I am, because suddenly we're not crashing as much as we're combining. The chords swirling around us are becoming a tornado, tightening and tightening and tightening, and we are at the center of each other. My wrist touches hers right at the point of our pulses, and i swear i can feel it. That thrum. We are moving to the music and at the same time we are at a stillness. I am not losing myself in the barrage. I am finding her. And she is- yes, she is finding me."


The best hodgepodge of run-on sentences i've ever read.
I'm not going to talk about how imaginative the storyline was, because it wasn't. I'm not going to talk about how inspirational the book was, because it was a simple story of two very different people finding each other, and connecting through music.What made the book so special, for me, was that it was real. Each line, each
sentence, each paragraph was raw emotion and unadulterated teenage romance. It's so simple, yet so captivating because it draws you in, and makes you fall in love with the characters, then hate them, then root for them... then fall in love with them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment