Animo?

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Last Wednesday, i visited DLSU with what could possibly be one of my last visits ever. I usually go for delivering Keiko Collection stuff, (and hanging out with my sorely missed blockmates and friends) but a) a lot of events are coming up and i can always deliver them there, and b) stock is practically gone, anyway, yay! Everytime i visit Taft (ever since i transferred) i always end up feeling nostalgic. I miss La Salle, i really do.

 
I miss the campus. I miss the Grecian inspired buildings, the SJ walk, and the long walk from Andrew to South Gate. I miss seeing more than 10 friends in a span of an hour, i miss Agno fishballs and Lair. I miss Nomimono and the variety of restaurants in EGI. I miss Andrew Building and the looooong line at the elevators. I miss the high tech Andrew classrooms and the oldschool ones at the LS Building. I miss the booths lined up in the Central plaza.
 
  
I miss the spirit. Not the "I Bleed Green" spirit, but the spirit of freedom of speech, freedom of thought, freedom of style and just freedom in general. I miss the energy and the vibe of the place, and i miss the culture. People cared for causes but didn't care for petty high school gossip. (Although some still do) 
                                                     Me with Dan, one of my favorite girls <3
But most of all, i miss my friends. I miss overeating during breaks and during class. I miss plugging the iPod in the classroom sound system and having between-class mini-parties. I miss stressing over grades together. I miss group works and fail volleyball. I miss locker room bonding, making libre, sharing shampoo and life stories, and sharing umbrellas when it'd rain. I miss having acoustic sessions with the block, and singing to cheesy 90s songs with them. I miss first impressions debunked, and hating on inept teachers. I miss, i miss.

I wouldn't have survived first term, first year college without these girls. (Missing Dan, Jus, Nikki, Sara and Laureen in the photo! And the rest of Advertising Block 21 as well.) They say that you'll forever remember your high school friends, but college friends are lifelong friends, too. I guess there's truth to that saying, after all. Walang kalimutan ah?

No comments:

Post a Comment